LOS ANGELES WRONGFUL TERMINATION ATTORNEY
Being fired or let go from a job can be frustrating, distressing and maybe even embarrassing. Whether or not the termination blindsides you, it’s important to remember that you have rights – and that an experienced lawyer can help you determine whether you’ve been the victim of a wrongful termination.
At the Otkupman Law Firm Los Angeles Wrongful Termination Lawyer Roman Otkupman has extensive experience fighting for those who have been wrongfully terminated while holding employers responsible for breaking the law. If you have been wrongfully fired by an employer, don’t wait to take action – contact Roman Otkupman today.
When you contact the Otkupman law firm, you’ll speak to an employment law attorney – not some referral line.
Why is this important? We know the law – and chances are we know your industry. We know what questions to ask, and we get it.
This is just one of the reasons why the Otkupman Law Firm has been behind some of the largest employment-related verdicts in Los Angeles County and why Attorney Roman Otkupman is a lifetime member of the million dollar advocates forum. Call us and ask for Roman. He’d be happy to talk to you and provide you with the answers you need to protect your rights and fight back against those who may have violated them.
WHAT IS WRONGFUL TERMINATION IN CALIFORNIA?
California is an “at will” employment state. This means that an employer can legally fire you without cause, warning, or even a good reason.
This does NOT, however, mean that all firings are legal. In fact, if the termination violates any state or federal law – or any verbal or written agreement you have with your employer, it can constitute a wrongful termination in California.
WHAT IS WRONGFUL TERMINATION IN CALIFORNIA?
Wrongful terminations can occur in various ways, including (but not limited to) when a firing constitutes an act of:
- Fraud or breach of contract: This generally involves an employer making specific promises about the security of your position and/or the term of your employment – in writing or verbally – and then breaking these promises by firing you.
- Example: If an employer fires you in direct violation of the terms of your employment contract, this firing would likely be a wrongful termination.
- Discrimination: This typically involves an employer firing an employee as a result of his or her ethnic background, race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, and/or disability (or medical condition, including being pregnant or having recently given birth).
- Example: A discrimination-based wrongful termination could involve an employer firing you because you are “too old” for the position (regardless of your ability to carry out your job duties).
- Retaliation: This type of wrongful termination usually involves an employer firing an employee for reporting (or complaining about) the employer’s wrongdoing (i.e., whistleblowing), for refusing to participate in the wrongdoing, or for standing up for his or her rights as a worker.
- Example: A retaliatory wrongful termination could occur when an employer fires you for reporting your employers’ discriminatory policies, wage & hour violations and/or other illegal practices.
- Violating workers’ rights: This form of wrongful termination generally involves an employer firing an employee for exercising his or her protected rights.
- Example: If an employer fires you for taking time off work to vote or serve on a jury, this would likely constitute a wrongful termination.
Of course, the circumstances may not always be clear-cut, which can make it difficult to determine if a wrongful termination has occurred.
The good news is that Los Angeles Wrongful Termination Lawyer Roman Otkupman is ready to talk to you, hear more about your situation and discuss your options for pursuing justice and compensation.
If you believe that you have been wrongfully fired or let go by an employer, you can turn to Los Angeles Wrongful Termination Lawyer Roman Otkupman for help defending your rights and pursuing justice. Employment Attorney Roman Otkupman has been a dedicated, aggressive advocate for his clients, helping them stand up to even the most formidable opponents in any legal setting.
Otkupman Law Firm
Otkupman Law Firm, ALC
28632 Roadside Dr., Suite 203
Agoura Hills, CA 91301